Do you prefer open space over cubicles?
Do you like to venture in the unknown to accomplish greater things?
Do you want to be part of a great adventure?
Are you a high energy person who loves to learn?
Do you want to work in an environment that rewards your creativity?
Are you willing to go outside your comfort zone to try new things?
Do you want to work with smart people like you?
Do you like challenges that will make you think out of the box?
Do you want a high level of ownership over the product you are developing?
Yes? Read on.
Linked Senior is looking for a well-rounded Java Developer that specializes in developing robust, elegant, web-based applications in a fun start-up Web 2.0 technology company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. You should have a solid understanding of, and some practical experience with, Java application development.
Linked Senior is a new online platform for the senior care industry that provide content and connects seniors fostering communities in nursing homes. Based in downtown DC, Linked Senior is building an exciting, innovative, one of kind user interface and platform using cutting edge technologies.
The Software Engineer will participate in the entire life-cycle of product development across the full technology stack: web in the cloud, desktop, mobile. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with team and customers to understand what needs to be delivered.
- Developing solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Designing and implement effective technical solutions.
- Working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced early stage start-up environment to build a multi-tier web application involving all stages of the software development cycle.
- Java, J2EE
- JQuery, RichFaces, Seam
- JBoss Application Server
- Hibernate, MySQL
- Eclipse, ANT, Ivy
- Amazon Web Services (Cloud Computing)
- HTML5, CSS3
- Chrome, Chrome extensions
- Android tablets
- Web APIs (YouTube, Wikipedia, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
- Strong knowledge of Java, OO and design pattern.
- Significant development experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience in database design and SQL a plus.
- Strong abilities for problem solving.
- A great attitude that enjoys working in a close, high energy team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Manage time well, meet deadlines, work independently and correctly prioritizing tasks.
Fun, casual atmosphere. We encourage creativity and reward productivity.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: